8mm FILM TO DVD TRANSFER
Have you thought about preserving your family's collection of old 8mm films or videos by transferring them to DVD but were weary of the cost?
New digital technology has made the transfer of these older 8mm films and videos more affordable and practical. 8mm film and video tape have a limited life span and do deteriorate with age. And those of you with 8mm films know how hard it is to find a working projector to watch those old movies.
You need to do something now to protect these precious memories. By transferring your precious 8mm films and videos to DVD, you will protect them for yourself as well as future generations.
8mm film transfer process
Our unique 8mm film transfer process is performed on customized hardware which scans your film at a high resolution on a frame-by-frame basis. This yields the best imaging and resolution possible and avoids the irritating "flicker" common with other transfer methods. The full original frame of your film is captured and converted to a digital format where we are then able to process the image to correct any color aberrations or contrast problems to bring your 8mm film images back to life.
Watch a sample of a converted 8mm film and find out more details about our specialized transfer process.
For those of you who may have already had your 8mm films transferred in the 80's or early 90's, you most likely were given a vhs tape from the transfer. Even if you did receive a dvd your films were undoubtably transferred to vhs first where, unfortunately, a significant quality loss occured. This was the nature of the technology at the time. By transferring the original 8mm films digitally you will see a substantial increase in the quality of the transferred image.
Watch a comparison of film transferred to vhs tape in the 90's as compared to the same film transferred using our technology.
HINTS FOR BETTER 8mm FILM TRANSFERS
For those of you with 8mm films, here are some tips on how to increase the quality of your transfers.
formats we transfer
8mm and Super 8mm film, 16mm film, VHS, Super VHS, VHS-C, Video 8, Hi8, Mini-DV, Digital 8, Video CD, Laser Disc, European PAL format videos
Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Graduations, Memorial Tributes, Business Events, School Musicals/Plays, Sporting Events, Vacations
Film Transfer Packages & Prices
Basic 8mm Film Transfer Package
Our basic package includes everything necessary to digitally transfer your 8mm film to DVD. We add a main title and include chapter jumps at a pre-determined spacing. We will also remove any large gaps of "black" footage.
- Cleaning, splicing of your film
- Transfer of your 8mm film footage to a broadcast quality digital format
- Advanced editing (color, contrast, exposure correction)
- Background music from our selection
- Main DVD Title Menu (you can choose from several designs)
- One additional title/graphic
- Chapter Breaks at predetermined spacing
- Approximately 2 hours of footage per DVD
- Custom designed DVD Label
- Delivered in Amaray Case with custom designed jacket insert
$60 per 400' reel of film
$45 per 250' reel of film
$12 per 50' reel of film
Our enhanced package offers several additions to really customize your project and make it truly unique.
- Includes everything in Basic Package
- Customer selection of background music
- 5.1 Surround Sound
- Custom designed Main DVD Title Menu
- Additional titles/graphics
- Chapter selection menu with motion thumbnails
- 30 second recap incorporating highlights of your film with fx and music
- Creditsa list of the stars of your movie
$125 additional per DVD
- Additional copies of your project on DVD - $25
- MiniDV digital master copy - $15
- Extra titles/graphics - $3.50ea
- Add a photo slide show to your DVD - $35 per 20 photos
Of course we can work outside the boundaries of these packages. Just let us know what you need and we'll work up a quote for you.